Getting a website for your holiday property puts you firmly in control of your marketing, allows you to create a trustworthy name for yourself and be far more effective at converting enquiries to bookings.
Set up in the right way a website can serve as a social hub for your holiday rentals, helping you to easily share whats fantastic about your property and surrounding area. Behind the scenes, the website acts as the “control room” for your marketing, reservations and even customer service. It’s not enough to have a website. These days you have to create a total web presence. – John Jantsch, Small Business & Marketing Guru
Your rental ads, listings and social media profiles can all help to drive potential guests to the content on your website, and there you can really show off your holiday home and turn interested visitors into paying guests!
At Rental Tonic we encourage holiday property owners to think in terms of “Holistic” web marketing – by having a great website, being present on Social Media and using the right selection of portals or agents, you can quickly build a reputation as the perfect place for your ideal niche holiday market.
Creating a website for your holiday rentals is not as difficult as you may think, and we will soon be sharing more on exactly how to plan and create your very own website, so do sign up for our e-Newsletter to stay in the loop.
We always recommend the highly capable WordPress platform to create user-friendly holiday property websites – user friendly not only for visitors to the site, but also for the property owners as it lets you easily post news and updates any time you like.
Wordpress lets you give plenty of space to eye catching images to entice your audience, and you can use “widgets” for any number of things.
To give an example about widgets, I helped this client to link his website to his Twitter feed, then we set up his mailchimp account, added a plug in to encourage people to sign up, and finally we installed live Trip Advisor reviews directly into the site. This “social proof” alone is now driving daily enquiries for bespoke trips and tours for this premium travel operator.
Other ideas for your website might be to add a Facebook social sharing tool, encourage interactions via a comments plug in, and regularly add new pages and blog posts to promote special offers or events that your guests would love to know about.
One of the best ways to generate interest and bring visitors to your site is by adding lots of useful content, and the ideal way to do this is to integrate a blog into your site. This way you can keep your guests up to date both before and after their stay, and you will always have a wealth of original content to share on your social media sites or in your newsletters.
Rental Tonic can help you with most aspects of running your website, and if something is not on the list then just ask!
- Creating a new WordPress website from scratch or carrying out work on an existing site
- We can recommend hosting for your website which comes with full tecnhical support
- Setting up your Blog and link it up with to your Social Media accounts to post out automatically
- There are several options for the bookings calendar and contact forms that we can help you with
- -or- you may want an automated bookings system to make securing bookings easier – encourage the 55% of guests who want to book instantly online to do just that!
- Creation of an email marketing account and automated newsletter in Mailchimp
- Advice on how to build your own list of potential customers & stay in touch
- Getting your Twitter or Facebook profiles up and running, or do some work to optimise and improve existing accounts
- Creating Pinterest boards to bring visitors to your site, and guests can share their favourite photos
- Ensuring all Social Media accounts cross-linked for hassle-free marketing
- Installing widgets such as Trip Advisor reviews, Twitter feed, social media icons, Facebook plug ins, opt-in forms, maps, guest book and a host of others into your existing or new site
- We can also manage your website with our Social Media Manager service to take the weight off and save you time
To get started just complete the form today to tell us a bit about your holiday home and what kind of help you are looking for. We look forward to hearing from you!